2019 Tata Harrier 7-seater SUV spotted testing again
More spy pictures have emerged of the new 7-seater version of the Tata Harrier, ahead of its expected debut by the festive season. This SUV had been shown at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show as the Buzzard, and we think the production-spec car will be largely similar to this.
It is evident that the rear end of the 7-seater Harrier will differ quite a bit from the 5-seat version. The section aft of the B-pillar is longer and boxier, with lightly reworked tail lamps and a bump on the roof, to allow for more headspace in the third row. The Buzzard, expected to be called the Cassini in production form, is 62mm longer than the Harrier.
The new SUV is also expected to come with the same 2.0-litre FCA-sourced Multijet diesel engine, which Tata calls Kryotec. In this case, we think the more powerful 172PS and 350Nm version will be offered, in its BSVI compliant guise. This same engine is expected to find its way to the Harrier soon after. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, but unlike the Compass, Tata will also have the option of a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission that it has sourced from Hyundai. This will also make its way to the Harrier in due course.
Like the Harrier, the 7-seater is based on a platform derived from the Land Rover Discovery Sport, and adopts Tata's Impact 2.0 design language. Visually, the Tata Buzzard looks similar to the Harrier, donning the slim LED DRLs, a honeycomb grille, flared wheel arches and the three-dimensional tail lights.
Image source: Zigwheels
Starts Rs 13 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively