2019 Tata Harrier SUV to launch in India on January 23
Tata Motors today announced that the 2019 Tata Harrier SUV will launch in India on January 23. We have already driven the new SUV and have come away largely impressed. Tata Motors has already started accepting bookings for the Harrier SUV in India for a token amount of Rs 30,000. It is being speculated that the Tata harrier SUV will be priced between Rs 16 to Rs 21 lakh wherein it will lock horns with the Mahindra XUV500, Hyundai Creta and also the Jeep Compass.
Under the Harrier's hood is the FCA-sourced 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine, dubbed Kryotec by Tata Motors. It has been detuned in the interest of better fuel efficiency (Tata Motors has not revealed the Harrier's claimed fuel efficiency figure yet). The engine offers 140PS in this guise, unlike the 173PS it offers in the Compass, though the torque output for the Harrier is identical at 350Nm. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and this is the only engine-gearbox combination on offer currently and while an automatic transmission is expected, there is no time line for that yet. Details on the Tata Harrier's performance here.
The Tata Harrier's dashboard design is contemporary, modern and unlike any other Tata car
The Harrier (previously the H5X concept) is based on Jaguar Land Rover's entry-level D8 SUV platform, variations of which support cars like the Land Rover Discovery Sport, Jaguar E-Pace and the Range Rover Evoque. Tata's version, called Omega-Arc (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) involves the use of cost-effective materials and components.
See our full coverage of the Tata Harrier below:
Also see: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV500 vs Jeep Compass Comparo Video
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 57.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055