2019 Tata Harrier testing and development videos revealed
In a slew of videos released online, Tata Motors is proudly showing off the torture tests that the Harrier test mules are being put through to ensure longevity and reliability for the production spec model that will go on sale in 2019. As we revealed during our coverage of Tata's booth at the Auto Expo, the Harrier SUV is based on a modified Discovery Sport platform, codenamed the D8. To keep costs in check, the Harrier makes generous use of high strength steels in its chassis architecture (in place of aluminium used in the Discovery Sport).
For those unaware, the Harrier is an SUV that will compete with the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass and will feature a 2.0l/140PS four-cylinder diesel engine with a 4x4 drivetrain. Through the videos, Tata claims that the Harrier has undergone over 22 lakh kilometres of hardcore testing in various driving conditions that simulate the worst that the car will be put through in its average lifetime. Watch the videos for more:
Starts Rs 12.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip