2019 Tata Tiago hatchback gets more safety features, prices start at Rs 4.40 lakh
The Tiago now gets dual airbags, rear parking sensors, a speed alert system and seatbelt warning for both front occupants. These are measures all cars will have deploy post July 1. Many have already got this upgrade. Earlier in the year, Tata Motors had added ABS and EBD as standard across the Tiago line-up.
Mechanically, the Tiago remains unchanged. The 1.2-litre Revotron motor puts out 85PS of power and 114Nm of torque, with a claimed mileage of 23.84kmpl. There are multi-drive modes - City and Eco. The 1,047cc turbocharged Revotorq diesel motor makes 70PS/140Nm and claims to deliver 27.28kmpl. Both the petrol and diesel engines are mated to a five-speed manual transmission. This motor could be reworked to meet BSVI norms or be culled from the line-up entirely, given the high costs that come with making these engines compatible.
Starts Rs 4.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!