2019 Tata Tigor EV launched at Rs 9.99 lakh, after FAME2 incentives
Tata Motors has launched the electric version of its sub-4-metre sedan, the Tata Tigor EV for individual buyers. The electric vehicle was only available on lease via self-driving car rental services before this.
The Tigor EV is available in two trims, XM and XT. For commercial buyers who can avail of the FAME2 benefit, the XM variant costs Rs 9.99 lakh while the XT comes in at Rs 10.09 lakh. The FAME2 subsidy amounts to Rs 1.62 lakh. A three-year or 1.25 lakh kilometre warranty is available with the sedan. Private buyers still can't buy the electric car just yet, and they won't be eligible for the government benefits when the car is made available to them.
Powering the Tigor EV is a 72V, 3-Phase AC induction motor. This makes about 41PS and 105Nm. Claimed performance figures are a 0-60kmph time of 12s and a top speed of 80kmph. A 16.2kWh battery feeds the motor, which gives it a 142km range. The battery can be charged to 80 per cent of its capacity in six hours via a normal charger or in 1.5 hours by a fast charger.
Notable features common to both trims are climate control AC, height-adjustable driver's seat, and a Harman Kardon audio system. The XT trim adds 14-inch alloys and powered outer mirrors.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.75 Lakhs
- FeaturesComplete Guide to Caravans, Campers and Homes On Wheels in India
- NewsBMW R 18 cruiser launched in India at Rs 18.90 lakh, ex-showroom
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300