2019 Tokyo Auto Salon: Suzuki's Swift Sport Yellow Rev Concept is out
Aside from a number of interesting takes on the Suzuki Jimny offroader, Suzuki has also put a new spin on the Suzuki Swift Sport at the 2019 Tokyo Auto Salon. This primarily cosmetic job is called the Suzuki Swift Sport Yellow Rev Concept and comes with numerous upgrades to the exterior.
Most striking is the new High Chroma Yellow Pearl paint job. Contrasting this is the gloss black roof, and the black and grey decals below the A-Pillar. There is also a new black honeycomb grille with faux carbon fibre elements, a black side skirt and a new diffuser at the rear also finished in black. Other touches are the new headlamps, which lose the chrome element at the top, darkened tail lamps, a rear spoiler and dual exhaust. There is Swift Sport badging in front, above the side skirts and at the rear. Finally, race-spec gloss black multi-spoke alloy wheels have been added. These are accompanied by red brake callipers.
Few details are available on the interior but it is likely that the yellow and black theme carries over to the inside as well. We expect carbon fibre element, black upholstery and yellow contrast stitching.
Mechanically, the road going Swift Sport is available with a 1.4 litre Boosterjet turbocharged petrol motor which makes 140PS and 230 Nm. This is manete to a six speed manual . The run from 0 to 100 kmph takes 8.1s and top speed is 210 kmph. The Sport gets upgraded suspension, brakes and tyres.
The Yellow Rev is just a design study which seems to accentuate the Swift Sport's boy-racer image. The Swift Sport is an relatively simple car which makes it easy to tweak to one liking. This is meant to provide some inspiration.
The standard Swift Sport is unlikely to make it to India, price being the limiting factor. Instead we can expect a Swift RS. This will be powered by the 1.0 litre Boosterjet motor from the Baleno and rival the Tiago JTP.
Starts Rs 3.4 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip