2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback spotted undisguised ahead of its official launch
Toyota's version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno called the Glanza is soon expected to be launched in the Indian market, however, the hatchback was spotted ahead of its official debut in June this year.
The hatchback gives us a glimpse of what to expect from the upcoming Toyota Glanza. Even though the Glanza looks identical to the Baleno, people at Toyota have given the car a new redesigned grille. That said, the Glanza gets no other changes in its fascia.
Following the theme, we expect the Glanza to receive minor tweaks in the cabin as well. The engine on offer could be the recently launched, Dual-jet petrol engine by Maruti Suzuki that produces shy below 90PS from its 1.2-litre four-cylinder block. It is unlikely that the Glanza will receive the 1.3-litre (DDIS) diesel engine from Maruti Suzuki as the engine is expected to phase out because of the stringent emission norms.
Toyota could place the Glanza above the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the pricing could range from Rs 6-9 lakh ex-showroom. The Glanza will directly rival the Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo and the upcoming Tata Altroz.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesCounter to COVID-19 - Camper trailer tourism
- FeaturesElectric Dreams: Honda e
- NewsDelhi government announces EV policy, up to Rs 1.5 lakh subsidy for electric passenger vehicles
- NewsToyota Fortuner TRD Limited Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 34.98 lakh
- NewsUpcoming new-gen Mahindra Thar SUV spied: Everything we know so far