2019 Toyota Glanza hatchback spotted undisguised ahead of its official launch
Toyota's version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno called the Glanza is soon expected to be launched in the Indian market, however, the hatchback was spotted ahead of its official debut in June this year.
The hatchback gives us a glimpse of what to expect from the upcoming Toyota Glanza. Even though the Glanza looks identical to the Baleno, people at Toyota have given the car a new redesigned grille. That said, the Glanza gets no other changes in its fascia.
Following the theme, we expect the Glanza to receive minor tweaks in the cabin as well. The engine on offer could be the recently launched, Dual-jet petrol engine by Maruti Suzuki that produces shy below 90PS from its 1.2-litre four-cylinder block. It is unlikely that the Glanza will receive the 1.3-litre (DDIS) diesel engine from Maruti Suzuki as the engine is expected to phase out because of the stringent emission norms.
Toyota could place the Glanza above the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and the pricing could range from Rs 6-9 lakh ex-showroom. The Glanza will directly rival the Hyundai Elite i20, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo and the upcoming Tata Altroz.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesInterview: Economics behind X1 Racing with co-founder Abhinandan Balasubramanian
- NewsNext Generation Skoda Rapid design sketches unveiled - India launch expected in 2021
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV gets over 75,000 bookings in five months
- News2019 Tokyo Motor Show: Toyota Mirai FCEV concept unveiled
- NewsKawasaki ZH2 supercharged spotted ahead of its October 23 global debut