2019 Toyota Glanza launched in India at Rs 7.21 lakh
Japanese car manufacturer Toyota has launched the Glanza hatchback in India at Rs 7.21 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi. This is the price of the base G MT variant, while the premium V CVT variant is priced at Rs 8.9 lakh. Toyota mentions that the deliveries of the Glanza hatchback will start from today onward.
Design tweaks, identical features from the Baleno and petrol engine only, that's what the Toyota Glanza is all about. However, the warranty offered on the Glanza is better than that on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. Toyota India will be offering 3 years / 1 lakh km warranty on the Toyota Glanza. This can be extended to upto 5 years and 2.2 lakh km. Also, claims to offer low cost of maintenance.
The Toyota Glanza looks largely like the Baleno with similar bodywork, interiors and styling. Only minor differences like a new grille and Toyota badges can be expected. Dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, Isofix child seat mounts and reverse parking sensors are standard across Toyot Glanza variants. Most features of the Baleno like climate control, push button start rain sensing wipers, a touchscreen infotainment with Android Auto/Apple Carplay have been carried into the Toyota Glanza.
The Toyota Glanza is based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno and shares the same platform. The engine on offer is the 1.2-litre petrol motor (K12B) which produces shy above 82PS. The engine will come mated to a five-speed manual and an optional CVT (continuously variable transmission) similar to the Baleno. The G MT trim gets the 90PS/113Nm whereas the other trims such as the G CVT, V MT and V CVT get the 83PS/113Nm engine.
Toyota Glanza fuel efficiency figures claimed by Toyota are 23.87kmpl for the G MT, 21.01kmpl for the V MT and 19.56kmpl for the G and V CVTs.
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block