2019 Volkswagen Ameo GT Line on sale in India at Rs 7.99 lakh
Close on the heels of the launch of the facelifted 2019 Volkswagen Polo and Vento, the German carmaker has also updated the Volkswagen Ameo sub-four-metre sedan's line-up. Like for the Polo and Vento, a sportier-looking GT Line trim has been added to the line-up priced at Rs 7.99 lakh, ex-showroom. This is for the petrol. The diesel GT Line costs Rs 9.99 lakh.
The Ameo GT Line is a cosmetic package that adds the black contrast roof, wing mirrors and bootlid spoiler. Also added is the GT Line badge on the fenders and the GT Line decal on the lower end of the doors. But the Ameo loses out on the new grille, and bumpers that the other two cars get. The new Sunset Red paint option is available here too.
The GT Line's features and safety tech mimic that of the current Highline Plus trim, and the prices of both versions are the same as well. This gets you cruise control, parking camera, rain-sensing wipers, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto. In addition to that, the features list also includes electrically folding ORVMs, leather cover for the steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs and also 16-inch alloys.
The Ameo comes with two engine and gearbox options. The diesel is a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged unit with 110PS and 250Nm while the petrol is a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder naturally aspirated motor with 76PS and 95Nm. Both get a 5-speed manual while the diesel can also be had with a 7-speed DSG auto.
Starts Rs 5.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled
- NewsNext-generation 2020 Skoda Octavia shown in sketches ahead of November 11 reveal
- NewsIndian rider Harith Noah part of Sherco TVS's Dakar 2020 ride lineup
- NewsLamborghini inaugurates a showroom in New Delhi, India