2019 Volkswagen Polo and Vento facelifts spotted undisguised
The Volkswagen Polo and its sedan derivative, the Vento, are set for another refresh. New pictures have surfaced on the internet which shows these cars undisguised for the first time.
The changes aren't too drastic. There is a revised front section with a more subtle, black grille, the bumper gets a wider air dam and the fog lamps have been revised to be slimmer and rectangular. These elements seem to have been heavily inspired by the Volkswagen GTi. The alloy wheel design is new, as is the black contrast roof. The Polo in this picture is the GT TSi version, which gets the black spoiler and the blacked of rear bumper area.
We expect similarly minor updates to the inside. There could be a larger infotainment screen available as well as new colour schemes. Safety should improve with the mandatory safety bits being added like a driver airbag, seat belt reminder for driver and co-driver, rear parking sensors and an overspeed alert for the driver.
Engine options are set to remain as they are now. With the 1.0-litre petrol, the 1.2 turbo petrol and the 1.5 diesel being carried over. These will be paired with a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG. But we expect VW to discontinue the diesel engine once BSVI norms kick-in, and come in with new engines to meet the new norms.
Image source: Team-BHP
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso in top 10 best selling cars sold in the country within a month of its launch
- NewsToyota to stop selling small diesel cars in India after BSVI shift
- NewsCARS24 commences operations in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh - opens 50 more outlets in India
- News2020 Audi S8 with a massive 800 Nm debuts internationally
- News2020 Triumph Rocket 3 to be showcased at India Bike Week - launch expected soon