2019 Volkswagen Polo facelift spotted testing
The next generation Volkswagen Polo and Vento will only debut after the first MQB-A0-IN product, an SUV debuts at the 2020 Auto Expo. This means that Volkswagen is working on another facelift for the two cars.
As these spy photos show, changes will be minor on the Polo. We expect new bumpers which will possibly be similar to the one seen on the Polo GT TSI. These look sportier with their grey inserts and slightly more prominent lips. The GT TSI's spoiler will aslo make its way down to lesser Polos. There may be minor improvements to the interior as well. Expected is a more advanced touchscreen infotainment and improved standard safety tech like speed warnings, passenger seatbelt reminders and so on.
The Polo will in all likelihood remain unchanged mechanically. The Polo is currently available with two petrol and one diesel option. The base petrol motor is a 1.0 litre, three cylinder unit with 76PS and 95 Nm. This is paired with a five-speed manual. The GT TSI gets a 1.2 litre four cylinder turbo petrol with 105PS and 175 Nm with a seven-speed dual-clutch. The diesel motor is a 1.5 litre unit available in two states of tune. This makes 90PS and 230 Nm in the standard car and 110PS and 250 Nm in the GT TDi.
The Polo sells well consistently, even though all of its rivals are newer. This update will hopefully keep the momentum going until the Skoda-led India 2.0 plan hits its stride in the coming years.
Image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and 500 India launch
- NewsAston Martin DBS GT Zagato can be bought only with the the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation
- NewsMahindra's genuine spares will also be sold online on M2ALL.com
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip