2019 Volkswagen Touareg SUV teased, to debut on March 23
Volkswagen has released a teaser image of the new-gen Touareg SUV. The German car manufacturer has also confirmed that the new Touareg will be unveiled in China on March 23, 2018. The design sketch of the new Touareg reveals that the production version of the SUV will be heavily inspired by the T-Prime concept that was showcased at the earlier Beijing Motor Show. As seen from the spied images, it can also be seen that the Touareg features the latest Volkswagen design cues in the form of the wide grille flowing into the headlights. We believe the popularity of SUVs in the Chinese market has made it the preferred location for the global unveiling.
The 2019 Volkswagen Touareg is based on the T-Prime concept
The new Volkswagen Touareg Touareg SUV will come with a completely revised design with a large chrome finished grille flowing into the LED headlamps. Similar to the T-Prime GTE concept, the new Volkswagen Touareg gets a larger bumper with a deeper air intakes. While the styling has been updated compared to the previous gen model, the new third-gen VW Tiguan now sits on the MLB platform that also underpins other VW group cars likes the Porsche Cayenne, Audi Q7 and also the Bentley Bentayga. In addition to making it lighter, the new platform will also offer features like rear-wheel steering and air suspension along with roll stabilization.
The cabin of the new Touareg has been completely revamped
Even the cabin of the new-gen Volkswagen Touareg will come equipped with a large digital instrument cluster and a 15-inch display of infotainment screen. As been the trend with all modern cars, the new Touareg too will come with the latest connectivity options.
The production version of the new Touareg will have tons of similarities with the GTE concept
In terms of powertrains, the new Volkswagen Touareg will come equipped with six and eight-cylinder engines. The 3.0-litre V6 diesel will be offered in two states of tune, 215PS and 270PS. There will also be a V8 on offer at a later stage. VW will also be offering a new four-cylinder 2.0-litre TFSI turbocharged engine paired with an electric motor. The SUV is believed to have an all-electric range of 50km.
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.85 Crore
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India