2019 Volvo XC90 Excellence Lounge Console to be launched in India on September 3
Volvo Cars India will launch its flagship model in India on September 3. The Volvo XC90 Excellence Lounge Console takes things further upmarket than the already quite luxurious Excellence trim, the firm's current flagship.
Excellence Lounge Console's highlight is the three-seat layout. It gets the individual aircraft-style seating for the second row, same as the Excellence. The big change is where the front passenger seat used to be. This is replaced by a very upmarket cushioned footrest, freeing up a wide view of the road ahead. This console is much more functional than that though. It reveals a large worktable, also housing an illuminated vanity mirror and a storage tray for jewellery and personal accessories or make-up. This table rotates 90 degrees and reveals a 17-inch screen. There is also a storage area for personal items in this unit. This is in addition to all the luxury trimmings already available on the Excellence trim like the heated/cooled seats, high-end Bowers and Wilkins sound system, the Orrefors glass bits in the cabin, and the fridge in the second row.
The XC90 Excellence Lounge Console will come powered by the same T8 hybrid powertrain. This pairs a 320PS 2.0-litre turbo and supercharged petrol motor with a plug-in electric motor with 83Ps and 240Nm. Combined output is 407PS and 640Nm, and is paired with an eight-speed Aisin gearbox. We expected price to be Rs 15 to 20 lakh higher than the Rs 1.6 crore on-road Mumbai that Volvo charges for the Excellence.
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block