2019 Yamaha FZ Fi to be launched in India on Jan 21, 2019?
Yamaha India will be launching a new motorcycle on January 21, 2019. The invite that has been sent by the Japanese motorcycle manufacturer states "Get ready to have your heart racing and experience a rush of adrenaline and excitement". While there is no clear idea on what this motorcycle could be, we believe Yamaha might launch the new-gen FZ Fi that has been recently spotted testing in India. The 2019 Yamaha FZ will lock horns with the likes of the Suzuki Gixxer, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Bajaj Pulsar NS160 and also the Honda Hornet 160R
As seen from the images, it can be seen, the new-gen Yamaha FZ will feature a more muscular design with multiple contours. Something that we have already seen on Yamaha's latest offering, the R15 v3. The test motorcycles, though heavily camouflaged do reveal bits and pieces of the new design. For starters, the 2019 update features a LED headlight which should offer better illumination than the present setup. The fuel tank looks beefier than before. The tank extensions underneath look much larger than what's offered on the present offering. The other design changes include a belly pan, single seat, new alloy wheel design and an updated exhaust can
The 149.1cc fuel injected engine in the present form makes 13.1PS of power and 12.8Nm. These numbers might not be too impressive especially when you compare the FZ to its rivals like the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and the Honda CB Hornet 160R. However, the new-gen update might also see a bump in the power and torque outputs. Would you want Yamaha to make the 2019 FZ FI more powerful? Let us know in the comments section below.
Spied image: TeamBHP
Starts Rs 95,680
Starts Rs 82,624
Starts Rs 85,943
Starts Rs 80,929
Starts Rs 79,370
- NewsRudratej Singh former Royal Enfield global president - appointed president and CEO of BMW Group India
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!