2019 Yamaha MT-15 India launch today
Earlier this week, Yamaha teased the MT-15 on their social network platform, however, the bike will be officially launched in India today. The teaser video gave a glimpse of the upcoming naked motorcycle and unveiled the nickname, The Dark Warrior. The bookings for the Yamaha MT-15 began early last month and the motorcycle was spotted at the dealerships a number of times ahead of its official launch.
The Yamaha MT-15 is essentially a Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 minus the fairing. Although The MT-15 is equipped with a handlebar setup in contrast to the clip-on setup in the Supersport. This relaxes the rider's triangle and makes the MT-15 a commute friendly motorcycle when compared to its track-focused sibling - The R15 V3.
The Yamaha MT-15 went on sale last year in the international markets, however, the India-spec MT-15 misses out on the upside-down forks seen on the international models. The MT-15 will not be offered with an aluminium swingarm as well. It will be exclusive to the YZF-R15 V3 and the MT-15 will get a box-type swingarm instead.
Powering the 2019 MT-15 is the same 155cc motor, seen on the YZF-R15 V3, which produces 19.3PS of power and 14.7Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a six-speed gearbox. The bike will also borrow the cycle parts from the YZF-R15 V3 such as the conventional telescopic fork, and a 282mm disc brake up front and the bike will be equipped with a dual-channel ABS system as well.
We expect the 2019 Yamaha MT-15 to be priced under the Rs 1.20 lakh mark, ex-showroom. The Japanese street naked motorcycle rivals the KTM 125 Duke, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200.
Also see: Yamaha MT-15 First Ride Video
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 1,38,041
Starts Rs 1,10,388
Starts Rs 1,24,000
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block