2019 Yamaha MT-15 spotted at dealership ahead of March 15 launch
The Yamaha MT-15 is set for its India launch on March 15 and the bike has started reaching Yamaha India dealerships. Dealers had started accepting bookings for the bike unofficially before hand itself though, for an amount of Rs 5,000.
The 2019 Yamaha MT-15 is essentially a YZF-R15 V3 without the fairing. That said, the rider triangle on the MT-15 is relatively upright as compared to the more committed seating position of the R15. The motorcycle spotted carries a matte blue paint job with blacked-out alloys that also sport fluorescent highlights.
The headlamp unit is designed in a three-part layout, with the LED position lights flanking the centrally mounted single projector beam headlamp. The fuel tank boasts an aggressive design in keeping with the design language seen on the bigger capacity MT series of naked streetbikes from Yamaha.
The MT-15 is powered by a liquid-cooled, 155cc single cylinder engine that offers 19.3PS and 14.7Nm. The suspension setup is expected to be similar to the YZF-R15 V3's with a set of conventional telescopic forks up front and a monoshock absorber at the rear. The India-spec MT-15 will thus miss out on the upside-down forks seen on the version sold internationally, as also the aluminium swingarm and will be equipped with a box-type swingarm instead. The MT-15 will also come equipped with dual-channel ABS as standard.
The 2019 Yamaha MT-15 is expected to be priced close to Rs 1.20 lakh mark, ex-showroom. Once launched it will compete with the KTM 125 Duke, TVS Apache RTR 200 4V, and the Bajaj Pulsar NS200.
Also see: Yamaha MT-15 First Ride Video
Starts Rs 1,36,000
Starts Rs 1,38,041
Starts Rs 1,10,388
Starts Rs 1,24,000
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block