2020 Audi Q3 Sportback coupe-SUV unveiled internationally
Audi has unveiled the 2020 Audi Q3 Sportback, a coupe-SUV based on the Q3 small SUV. The carmaker is the first to have brought this popular formula to this size of SUV and the results are quite attractive.
The front of the Q3 Sportback looks largely similar to the standard Q3. So you have the wide octagonal grille, large air inlets and a shapely bumper. The headlamps remain the Q8-inspired units but the bodywork aft of this is quite different. The roofline is noticeably more raked and ends in a slight notchback boot. The shoulder line is now more pronounced as well, as gives the car some muscle around its wheel arches. The large faux diffuser, small windscreen and wide taillamps, give the rear quite a hunkered-down look.
The interior takes quite a few cues from larger Audi SUVs, so there is contrast stitching, Alacantara surfaces, edgy motifs, the Audi Virtual Cockpit and the new MMI infotainment with its haptic feedback.
The engine options on the Q3 Sportback are, as expected, quite similar to that of the standard Q3. There are one diesel and one petrol motor available for the European market, both 2.0-litre turbo units. The petrol motor makes 230PS while the diesel puts out 150PS. After the SUV launches in November in Europe, a more powerful diesel and a 48V mild-hybrid will be added to the range. Quattro will be available across the line-up, even with an upcoming manual box. At launch, the seven-speed DCT will be available.
The Audi Q3 Sportback could be a great addition to the Audi line-up in India, as a more approachable option to the halo A8, Q8 and e-tron models the firm is launching in India this year.
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue is the bestselling sub-compact SUV, Creta leads Hyundai sales
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055