2020 BMW X1 facelift SUV to be launched in India on March 5
BMW will launch the facelift BMW X1 SUV in India on March 5. The X1 is one of the more popular models for the German carmaker in India and is the first of a range of launches that the brand has planned for 2020. The X1 facelift had already been unveiled internationally in May 2019, with sales beginning soon after.
The most notable change to the X1 is in its new front fascia. The grille, following BMW's latest design trend, is now much larger and heavily chromed. The headlamps get more detailing, are larger and a bit more swept back. Rounding off this more aggressive look is the new bumper, with its quite complex dark inserts replacing the round fog lamps with slim horizontal ones.
The side profile remains largely unchanged while the rear gets wider tail lamps with a 3D effect, much like on the larger X5 and X7. The bumpers also get a minor tweak.
On the inside, the biggest change will be the new, larger iDrive infotainment screen. This should get the latest iteration of the software. There is also a new electronic gear selector switch. Other than this, only minor material and colour changes have been made.
A plug-in hybrid version called the X1 xDrive 25e will join the line-up in 2020, pairing an electric motor to the BMW 1.5-litre petrol. The engine options will also carry on as they are. So in India, expect the petrol in the sDrive20i to remain the 2.0-litre 4-cylinder engine that puts out 192PS and generates 280Nm of torque. The diesel cars will continue with the 2.0-litre unit with 190PS and 400Nm. There should be minor improvements in outputs and efficiency. The new BMW X1 will compete with cars like the new Volvo XC40 petrol, the upcoming second-gen Mercedes-Benz GLA and the Audi Q3.
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 32.33 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.9 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055