2020 Corvette Stingray unveiled internationally - is all new in its C8 avatar
2020 Corvette Stingray has been unveiled internationally. After being spotted for a number of times, the newest mid-engine American sports car breaks cover. For its eighth generation, the Corvette C8 Stingray gets an all-new chassis that houses the engine in the middle- which has also gone under serious revisions.
The mid-engine sports car gets a 6.2-litre V8 engine that puts out 502PS at 6450rpm and 637Nm of torque at 5150rpm - However, these numbers have been achieved with a z51 performance package that also hauls the car from 0-100 km/hr in under 3 seconds. The transmission is an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic only.
The new chassis design has moved the cabin ahead by 419mm. Speaking of the cabin, as the earlier Corvettes the cabin of the C8 is driver-oriented as well. The steering has a unique rounded-square design and the 12-inch multi-media screen has been tilted towards the driver for ease of access. The instrument cluster is all digital and gets a 12-inch screen. The car has two boots for storage, in the front and the other in the rear behind the engine, where one can place the detachable roof.
The Z51 pack mentioned above adds larger brake rotors, specific axle ratio, performance exhaust and performance suspension with manually adjustable threaded spring seats. The company also throws in an electronically limited-slip differential with the package.
The entry-level model of the 2020 Corvette Stingray will start under $60,000, which by today's conversion rates is Rs 41.3 lakh (approx.). Excluding the price factor, the new C8 rivals the Porsche 911 turbo and the Mclaren 570S.
Starts Rs 28.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively