2020 Datsun Redi-go BSVI facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 2.83 lakh
Datsun has launched the facelifted Datsun Redi-go in India. This entry-level hatchback is priced from Rs 2.83 lakh for the base D trim level. This goes up to Rs 4.77 lakh for the top-end T(O) AMT variant.
The most striking change is the new fascia with the large grille that extends right down to the bumpers. Also-new is the L-shaped DRLs in the bumpers and the fog lamps. Further changes to the exterior are the new detailing for the headlamps, larger dual-tone 14-inch alloy wheels, the Datsun emblem on the front fenders and reworked tail lamps with LED inserts. There seem to be no changes to the Redi-Go's sheet-metal but two new colour options have been added.
On the inside, the Datsun now features a new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, like the one that debuted in the Datsun Go/Go+ CVT recently. The dash itself has been reworked with a two-tone black and grey colour scheme. A reverse camera has also been added. Safety is better taken care of now with the dual airbags. Other highlights are the two-tone instrument cluster and internally adjustable mirrors.
The Datsun Redi-Go's mechanical updates are very similar to what is on offer with the BSVI Renault Kwid. The base engine is an 800cc motor that makes 54PS and 72 Nm, while higher trims are powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit that makes 68PS and 91 Nm. These are paired with a five-speed manual and AMT.
The 800cc motor is available on the D, A and T. The A and T variants cost Rs 3.58 lakh and Rs 3.80 lakh respectively. The T(O) trim can be had with both engines. The 800cc version costs Rs 4.16 and the 1.0-litre version costs Rs 4.44 lakh. The AMT is available on this trim for Rs 4.77 lakh
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- News2020 Honda City launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.90 lakh
- Review2020 MG Hector Plus road test review
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block