2020 Datsun Redi-Go facelift leaked ahead of India launch
Datsun is set to launch the 2020 Datsun Redi-Go facelift in India in the next few weeks. The entry-level hatchback was teased recently but now some leaked images of the Redi-go's brochure have revealed quite a few more details.
The most striking change is the new fascia with the large grille that extends right down to the bumpers. Also-new is the L-shaped DRLs in the bumpers and the fog lamps. Further changes to the exterior are the new detailing for the headlamps, larger dual-tone 14-inch alloy wheels, the Datsun emblem on the front fenders and reworked tail lamps with LED inserts. There seems to be no changes to the Redi-Go's sheet-metal.
On the inside, the Datsun now features a new 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, like the one that debuted in the Datsun Go/Go+ CVT recently. The dash itself has been reworked with a two-tone black and grey colour scheme. A reverse camera has also been added. Safety is better taken care of now with the dual airbags. Other highlights are the two-tone instrument cluster and internally adjustable mirrors.
There is no word yet on the Datsun Redi-Go's mechanical updates, but we think they will be very similar to what is on offer with the BSVI Renault Kwid. The base engine is set to be an 800cc motor that makes 54PS and 72 Nm, while higher trims will be powered by a 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit that makes 68PS and 91 Nm. These should be paired with a five-speed manual and AMT.
Except the facelifted BSVI Datsun Redi-go to charge a Rs 20,000 to Rs 30,000 premium over the previous car.
Image source: Gaadiwaadi
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
- NewsMahendra Singh Dhoni's automobile collection: From a Mahindra tractor, ex-army offroader to a superfast SUV and more
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block