2020 Ducati Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour showcased
Ducati showcased their line up for 2020 which included the Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour. As the name suggests, the Grand Tour is a Multistrada 1260 S underneath oriented towards offering maximum comfort should you wish to have a long haul.
The Ducati Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour gets similar styling as the Multistrada but wears the Sandstone Grey with Ducati Red highlights on the fairing, rims and chassis. The motorcycle also features a standard centre stand, panniers with 'Grand Tour' logo, heated grips, hands-free fuel filler cap, cruise control and a tyre pressure monitoring system. The motorcycle also features cornering headlamps integrated into the all-LED headlamp unit.
A 5-inch TFT screen takes the centre stage on the dashboard which also offers Bluetooth connectivity. The rider can connect his/her smartphone and access music/calls via Ducati's application with controls on the left switchgear.
The matter at heart remains the same 1,262cc Ducati Testastretta DVT twin-cylinder engine that produces 160PS at 9,500rpm and 135Nm at 7,500rpm. 85 per cent of the torque is delivered by 3,500rpm. The engine also offers four-riding modes. Additionally, the electronics include IMU (Inertia Management Unit) based Cornering ABS, wheelie control, eight-level traction control and a two-way quick shifter.
For suspension duties, Ducati is offering the semi-active Skyhook system. Wheel size stays at 17-inches with more road-biased calibration. The brakes on the front are twin 330mm disc with Brembo M50 4-piston radial callipers.
The Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour could be brought in the Indian market by mid-next year, but the sales are likely to be in limited numbers. Expect a price tag of Rs 19 lakh ex-showroom India.
Starts Rs 17,80,000
Starts Rs 19,60,000
Starts Rs 15,30,000
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS rolls out customer centric EMI scheme
- News2020 Kia Picanto revealed, to be launched in Europe in Q3 2020
- NewsBSVI Toyota Fortuner SUV prices increased, now starts from Rs 28.66 lakh
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Maruti Suzuki launches safety accessories
- NewsHyundai unveils 2020 Santa Fe for international markets, on new hybrid-ready platform
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!