2020 Ford Escape compact SUV unveiled - India bound?
The third generation of the Ford Escape compact SUV has been unveiled for the international markets. To put things in perspective, the Ford Escape is equivalent to the Jeep Compass in India. However, there isn't an official word yet, but looking at the American manufacturer's plans to mainly focus on SUVs and crossovers in other continents, we can expect the 2020 Ford Escape SUV to be offered in our market, but of course with major Indianisation.
In its third iteration, the Ford Escape is based on the C2 platform which also underpins the Ford Focus hatchback range. The styling of the Escape resembles its siblings in India. A wide trapezoidal honeycomb grille designed similar to the one seen on the Ford hatchback here.The headlamp assembly houses a twin projector setup with sharp LED DRLs. The stance of the Escape is high, however, its compact design language gives it a more crossover-like appearance. The rear has wrap-around tail lamps and the Escape gets twin exhaust tips.
The interior has wood inserts in the dashboard houses an eight-inch touch screen infotainment system. The system also has WiFi which can tether 10 devices at a time. The instrument cluster is a 12.3-inch digital screen which also uses 3D graphics to indicate drive modes.
The Escape gets four engine options - 1.5-litre EcoBoost, 2.0-litre EcoBoost, 2.5-litre full hybrid and a 2.5-litre plug-in hybrid. The one that seems very India centric is the 1.5-litre three-cylinder engine that produces 180PS and 240Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Ford could launch the Escape in the Indian market to fill the space between the Ecosport and the Endeavour. In the India market, the Ford Escape will be placed alongside the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tuscon and the Honda CR-V.
Starts Rs 28.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip