2020 Honda CBR250RR launched in Japan
The CBR250RR breaks cover in Japan and it has been launched at a price of 847,000 yen which is Rs 5.78 lakh. The bike gets updates for its skin and engine as well.
It houses a parallel-twin engine that makes a power of 40PS, the updated torque figures are not out yet, but the older version made a peak torque of 23.3Nm and that figure is also likely to go up with the updated engine. The bike now sports a bi-directional quickshifter with ride-by-wire technology and it now offers three riding modes comfort, sport and sport plus.
The cosmetic updates include styling cues borrowed by the bike's elder siblings like the CBR650R and the CBR1000RR. Apart from new colour options that will be on offer, the gold plated rims and forks stand out on the bike with the red and white paint job. The bike retains petal disc brakes and double-barrel exhaust as it was.
The bike may not be seen in India for a long while because the price will be too high for the segment, although it would have been a perfect rival for the KTM RC 390 and the Ninja 300.
The Indian bike fleet of Honda offers the CBR250R and it houses a 249cc single-cylinder engine mated to a 6-speed gearbox which makes a power of 26PS and 22.9Nm of torque. The CBR250R will be discontinued from 1st April 2020 as it will not be upgraded for the BSVI emission norms.
Starts Rs 1,64,143
Starts Rs 2,48,075
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block