2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 to be priced close to Rs 6.45-6.75 lakh - India launch soon
The Ninja 650 will get a BSVI compliant engine but with lower specs than that of the current motorcycle. Mechanically the motorcycle will remain largely unchanged but will get a revised air-box to compensate for the drop-in torque. While the power figure stays the same at 68PS the torque will go gone down by 1.7Nm and will be rated at 64Nm. The power source will be the same 649cc parallel-twin engine mated to a six-speed transmission.
Feature-wise, the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 will be equipped with a 4.3-inch TFT screen for instrumentation. The motorcycle will now get Bluetooth for smartphone connectivity. What's also new is the all-LED headlamp unit. The Ninja 650 will get ABS (Antilock Braking System) as standard but will missout on rider aids such as traction and wheelie control and cornering ABS.
The BSVI compliant motor and added features have upped the price of the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 by Rs 56,000-86,000. Although the final sticker price of the Ninja 650 remains to be seen. The launch is expected by early February 2020. Post-launch, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 will rival the Honda CBR 650 R which is yet to be updated to the BSVI standards.
Starts Rs 6,24,000
Starts Rs 5,94,000
Starts Rs 7,68,000
- News2020 Audi RS Q8 bookings open in India
- NewsTata Nexon EV now available on subscription, rentals start from Rs 41,900 per month
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross petrol: Prices and Variants explained
- News2020 Mahindra Thar India reveal confirmed for August 15
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar