2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R superbike bookings open
Kawasaki introduced the Ninja ZX-10R in its 2020 model year avatar. The bike gets mechanical updates and the company now offers features on the ZX-10R which were available with the ZX-10RR. For the Indian market, the 2020 ZX-10R features a single seater layout. The motorcycle can be booked for a token amount of Rs 1.5 lakh between April 26 and May 30, 2019. The motorcycle will be produced in limited numbers and the bookings will be closed when all the bikes are sold out.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R in its new form produces 3PS more and the peak power is now 203PS - 213PS with ram-air intake. The redline of the engine has been bumped up by 600rpm and the runs on a different engine map. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox which has a Kawasaki dual direction quick shifter.
The finger-follower valve train designed now has an aggressive cam-profile which keeps the valves open for a longer period. This mechanism reduces the valve train mass by 20 per cent (approximately) and the DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) coating on the followers reduces wear and tear. The engine head is different to accommodate the high-lift cams and is painted in red.
For the 2020 model year, the ZX-10R features S-KTRC (Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control), KLCM (Kawasaki Launch Control Mode), KCMF (Kawasaki Cornering Management Function), electronic throttle valves, Kawasaki engine brake control, power mode selection (3 modes), KIBS (Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock brake System), aluminium Twin-spar Frame, an aluminium Swingarm, high-performance BREMBO Brake system, SHOWA BFFF/BFRC (balance free front fork / balance free rear cushion) and Ohlins electronic steering dampers.
Expect the price of the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R to be between Rs 14.30 lakh to Rs 15 lakh ex-showroom and the deliveries will begin by mid-June 2019. The on-road Mumbai cost of the motorcycle could be around Rs 17 - 17.50 lakh.
Starts Rs 14,30,000
Starts Rs 10,89,000
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 250 images leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer SF 155 spotted ahead of its official launch
- NewsExclusive: Hyundai Venue sub-compact SUV prices leaked ahead of its official launch
- NewsInterview: MG India's Rajeev Chaba on strategy, new products and BSVI
- NewsUpdated TVS Apache RR 310 coming soon!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip