2020 Kia QYi sub-four-metre SUV spotted testing
Spy pictures have emerged of Kia's next major entrant for the Indian market, a sub-four-metre SUV related to the Hyundai Venue. Codenamed the QYi, this SUV is expected to debut by the end of 2020, after the Kia Carnival MPV.
As with other Hyundai-Kia products, the Kia compact SUV is expected to differ quite a bit from the Venue stylistically. These pictures show that the Kia seems to have a sqauter look, with a less-upright rear section. The glas-area too seems a bit more flowing, with two-part LED taillamps with same ice-cube elements as seen on the Seltos. The front end is expected to an aggressive face, with a high edge and dominated by a variation of the brand's Tiger Nose grille.
The interiors are expected to carry forward a similar feature set but with some seg-first additions like a 360-degree camera, etc. But the design elements will carry a more Kia focused theme with the different materials and finishes. We expect the same set of engines and transmissions to carry over.
The Venue SUV gets two petrol and one diesel engine which are mated to two manual and one dual-clutch automatic transmission in various permutations. One of the petrols, is the new Kappa T-GDI 1.0-litre turbo. This three-cylinder motor makes 120PS and 172Nm. The other petrol motor, for lower-spec cars, is the 1.2-litre petrol with 83PS and 116Nm, as seen on various Hyundai cars in India. The single diesel option is the 1.4-litre four-cylinder turbo diesel motor which puts out 90PS and 220Nm, paired with a six-speed manual.
The Kia QYi is one of six to eight cars Kia Motors wants to launch in the Indian market over the next three years.
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.95 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055