2020 Lexus IS teased ahead of June 9 global debut
Japanese luxury carmaker Lexus has teased the next generation of its smallest sedan, the Lexus IS, ahead of its debut on June 9. The IS sits below the ES in the brand's scheme of things and competes with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and BMW 3 Series.
The teaser image shows the silhouette of the new car's rear section. Visible is a new sharply styled full-width LED lighting strip for the taillamps. Aside from this, we expect the IS to now carry the sharp bodylines, and the dominated front grille seen on other Lexus'. The revised car is expected to carry on with the current car's rear-wheel-drive platform.
The IS is also expected to sport the latest Lexus interior trimmings as well. This includes the more intuitive new infotainment, among other things.
Engine options are expected to start with the roughly 200PS 2.5-litre hybrid set-up seen on cars like the Camry and go up to a twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6. Some markets can also expect a 2.0-litre turbo petrol and an N/A 3.5-litre V6. The high-performance F version isn't expected to make an appearance just yet.
The IS is mainly focused towards the US market, the sedan will also be on sale in Europe and elsewhere. Given that Lexus brings in most of its popular models to India as CBUs, the IS can also be expected to come here eventually.
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- NewsNew-gen BMW S 1000 R in works, could get major updates
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- News2020 Honda City launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.90 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block