2020 Mahindra Alturas G4 BSVI bookings open
Mahindra has started taking orders for the BSVI-compliant version of its flagship SUV, the Mahindra Alturas G4. Bookings for the Alturas G4 BSVI can be made for Rs 50,000, although the price of the SUV hasn't been revealed yet.
The BSVI version of the Alturas G4 gets very few changes when seen alongside the earlier BSIV car. The engine has been upgraded to new emission standards but continues to be a 2.2-litre four-cylinder diesel engine good for 180PS and 420Nm, and peak torque is delivered 1,600rpm onwards. This motor is paired with a Mercedes-sourced seven-speed torque-convertor automatic. The Alturas is available with a proper four-wheel drive system with low range.
The Alturas G4 is a badge-enginnered version of the Ssanyong Rexton SUV. Most noticeably, the Alturas gets a version of the Mahindra family grille and smaller 18-inch tyres, instead of the 20-inch ones available internationally. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, a 360-degree camera, mood lighting, nine airbags and an electric parking brake. The interior has been trimmed in quilted leather and aluminium inserts. There are two variants on offer, 4x2 and 4x4.
Prices for the BSIV version of the Alturas G4 start at RS 27.7 lakh for the 4x2 and go up to Rs 30.7 lakh for the 4x4 variant. We expect the BSVI version to cost around Rs 1 lakh more than this., with a formal launch taking place once the lockdown over the COVID-19 pandemic lifts.
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block