2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis sports a more rugged design
Maruti Suzuki is all set to reveal the new 2020 Ignis tomorrow at the ongoing Auto Expo in New Delhi. On the face of it, it is a facelift, but Maruti Suzuki is also using this opportunity to reposition the Ignis as a compact SUV. In fact, when the current Ignis first debuted at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2015, it was proposed in Japan as a compact SUV with Suzuki's 'AllGrip' all-wheel-drive system being touted about.
Maruti Suzuki, however, positioned the Ignis as a premium compact hatchback (which it is!) and even placed it as a part of the Nexa line-up. But now the carmaker is looking at repositioning the Ignis as a compact SUV that will plug the gap between the S-Presso and the updated Brezza. Therefore, all the styling changes that you see on the 2020 Ignis have been designed to the effect of making the Ignis a compact SUV. Where it helps the Ignis' cause, is anybody's guess.
As the teaser images and videos shared by Maruti Suzuki on their social media handles suggests, the Ignis will feature skid plates at the front and rear, and a chunky grille with detailing similar to the S-Presso and the Brezza to establish the common thread of these being compact SUVs. Other styling changes will include new rear fog lamps set on either side of the new skid plate and new exterior colour options. We hope that the yellow and khaki colours you see here make it to the India-spec model.
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Kalyani group of companies contributes Rs 25 crore to fight pandemic
- NewsRacing games for smartphone that will keep you busy in quarantine
- NewsAutomotive podcasts to get you through the lockdown
- News2020 Hyundai Verna: Things you may like and dislike
- FeaturesCorona Crisis has Some Silver Linings Too
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055