2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS to be launched in India tomorrow
Mercedes-Benz is all set to launch their flagship offering, which is also referred as the S-Class of SUVs by the company, the GLS. This will be the third generation offering of the SUV in India and will compete with the likes of BMW X7 and the Range Rover Sport. It is not just the exterior design that has gone through a makeover but even the features list along with leaner and greener powertrains that will be offered in the 2020 GLS. We have already reported that Mercedes-Benz India will launch the GLS in two variants, the GLS 450 petrol and the GLS 400 d diesel. The prices could lie between Rs 1.05 crore to Rs 1.35 crore.
Under the hood are the new 3-litre six-cylinder engines, which makes 362PS and 500Nm in the GLS 450. The engine is mated with an integrated starter generator that offers a EQ Boost function, delivering an additional 22PS/250Nm. This cleaner and more powerful powertrain helps the GLS 450 reach 100kmph from a standstill in 5.9s, as claimed by the company. On the other hand, the GLS 400d's diesel heart churns 330PS of power and 700Nm of torque, both of which help the SUV do naught to 100kmph in 6.3s, with an electronically restricted top speed of 235kmph.
In terms of aesthetics, the 2020 GLS comes with bolder octagonal grille flanked by multibeam LED headlamps with DRLs larger air inlet grille, split LED taillamps and chrome finished twin exhaust mufflers. The inside has become more spacious as the SUV is now 77mm longer, 22mm wider and a 60mm increase in the wheelbase. The features list of the 2020 GLS will continue to be as exhaustive as its sedan sibling. Go through our detailed first drive review of the 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS to understand what all has changed.
Starts Rs 99.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 92.5 Lakhs
- NewsHarley-Davidson will shut local manufacturing, curtail sales operations and re-structure the Indian business
- NewsLive updates: First-ever 2020 Mahindra Thar auction for charity
- NewsLand Rover Defender to launch in India on October 15
- NewsTop-spec Kia Sonet GTX+ diesel-auto and turbo petrol-DCT prices revealed
- NewsLive update: 2020 MG Gloster India unveil, bookings open, tech, features, launch date, specs, interiors, engine, variants, prices