2020 New York Auto Show postponed amid Coronavirus scare
After the Geneva Motor show was cancelled, there was a wave which either postponed or cancelled many international events. The New York Auto Show has now been postponed to later this year and will now take place in August. The show was supposed to open on April 8 to the press and then up until April 19 for civilians.
It is the third auto show to be cancelled because of the Coronavirus scare. China had also postponed the Beijing Auto Show which was set to be open on April 21. Unlike the last moment cancellation of the Geneva motor show, this one was postponed six weeks before the event which has helped the exhibitors a lot in regards to planning.
The show has been postponed by the organisers amid the Covid-19 scare, but the good news is that the New York Auto Show will still be held. It may take place after the Detroit Auto Show which happens in June. It has put all the manufacturers in a very tight spot which were to showcase their new plans, vehicles and concepts, some launches planned for the Detroit Auto Show may be shifted to the NY Auto Show while other manufacturers might not want to delay the launch and they may go ahead with the Detroit Auto Show. The close proximity of the two events will result in a mix of odd releases, unveils and launches this fall.
This year's New York Auto Show was to feature the Volkswagen's ID.4 electric SUV, the product version of Saudi-backed California Start-up Lucid Motors' first EV, and Ford's new revamped Bronco, and many others.
Mark Schienberg, president of GNYADA (Greater New York Automobile Dealers Association) said, "We are taking this extraordinary step to help protect our attendees, exhibitors and all participants, from the coronavirus," he also added that the plan was "to hold the show as long as somebody doesn't say we can't do it."
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block