2020 Nissan Kicks SUV to get 156PS turbo-petrol and CVT
Nissan India will launch the BSVI-compliant 2020 Nissan Kicks in India soon. The biggest change for the SUV in this iteration will be the new turbo-petrol motor that effectively serves as a replacement for the 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine.
This HR13 DDT 1.3-litre four-cylinder unit makes 156PS and 254 Nm, and is a derivative of the engine that was showcased with the BSVI-compliant Duster turbo-petrol at the Auto Expo 2020. Like with the Duster, this motor will come paired with Nissan X-tronic CVT. This gearbox comes with an eight-step manual mode and has been seen on the brand's numerous global offerings. The Japanese carmaker claims that this gearbox causes 40 per cent less friction leading to better fuel economy and acceleration. This will also be the first instance of the Kicks being offered with an automatic gearbox.
The H4K 1.5-litre petrol should also continue to be on offer in BSVi guise. This motor makes 106PS and 142Nm, paired with a five-speed manual.
Nissan has revealed any details about when the 2020 Kicks launches in India or if there will any changes to the styling or features on offer. We suspect the turbo-petrol version could be subtle visual tweaks to distinguish itself from the rest of the range. The feature set should remain largely unchanged.
Prices of the 2020 Nissan Kicks are expected to start just under Rs 10 lakh, the turbo-CVT should be available on the top XV trim and cost around Rs 12.5 lakh, ex-showroom.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block