2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
The 2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 has been launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh and the SF 250 is priced at Rs 1.74 lakh. And the MotoGP edition costs Rs 1.75 lakh. The bikes are powered by the same 249cc SOCS, four-stroke, single-cylinder, fuel injection engine mated to a 6-speed gearbox that makes 26.5PS of power and 22.3Nm of torque.
The bikes look identical to the outgoing model, the only addition is the new exhaust, ECU and the digital dash. The BSVI Gixxer 250 costs Rs 3,400 more than the outgoing model and the SF 250 has Rs 3000 more on the outgoing model. The company will start dispatching the Gixxer twin in the coming week and deliveries will begin from mid-June.
The Gixxer 250 gets two colour options - Metallic Matte Black and Metallic Matte Platinum Silver with Metallic Matte Black. And the SF 250 is offered in Metallic Matte Black and Metallic Matte Platinum Silver. The MotoGP edition gets only one colour option - Metallic Triton Blue. The company initially planned the launch of these bikes in March, but the Coronavirus pandemic delayed the timeline. The Gixxer 250 will lock horns with the Yamaha FZ25.
Koichiro Hirao, managing director at Suzuki Motorcycle India said, "We are pleased to introduce the BS 6 Gixxer SF 250/ 250 in the Indian market. Inspired by the legendary motorcycles: Hayabusa and GSX-R, Gixxer brand resonates performance, style, and sportiness in the country. With BS 6 update the Gixxer 250 series engine will produce lesser emission with enhanced performance, making it even more desirable to own.
Starts Rs 1,11,871
Starts Rs 1,63,400
Starts Rs 99,200
- NewsNew-gen BMW S 1000 R in works, could get major updates
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- News2020 Honda City launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.90 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block