2020 Tata Nexon facelift SUV spied in camouflage again
OVERDRIVE has come across some more spy pictures of the upcoming Tata Nexon facelift SUV. We expect this car to debut by early next year possibly alongside the Nexon electric version which we have also seen doing the rounds recently.
The Nexon is set to get a revised front end in line with Tata Motors' Impact 2.0 design philosophy, which debuted with the Harrier. The headlamps are now seemingly slimmer and wider, placed on either side of a slimmer grille. The bumper is more substantial and angular with a larger air dam. Even the bonnet seems to have been redesigned to be flatter and have a higher edge to it than earlier. We expect the car to remain very similar in profile, with slight cosmetic revisions. We also expect a slightly redesigned tailgate, more organic taillamps, and new bumpers at the back too.
The interiors are expected to feature some changes in materials, dash layout and features. The semi-digital cluster from the Harrier and the wide-screen infotainment, and a new steering wheel are expected.
We expect the Nexon to be mechanically unchanged but get BSVI compliant engines. The Tata Nexon's 1198cc, three-cylinder petrol motor puts out 110PS and 170Nm while the 1498cc, four-cylinder diesel engine is rated at 110PS and 260Nm. Both are available with six-speed manual and a 6-speed AMT. Read more on the electric Nexon here.
The Tata Nexon SUV looks set to get a significant revision, as suggested by these spy images. The Nexon has been around since 2017, and given the competitiveness in the sub-four-metre SUV space, the time seems ripe for a mid-life upgrade. The Nexon competes with cars like the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Ford Ecosport and Mahindra XUV300.
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: Private vehicles banned in Karnataka till April 14
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota extends its support to health forces and daily wage workers
- NewsTurbo-petrol engines to look forward to
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: KTM 890 Duke R
- NewsCar care after Corona: All the do's and dont's
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055