2020 Volkswagen T-Roc SUV specification and features leaked ahead of launch
A set of spy photos from what appears to be a dealer presentation of the new Volkswagen T-Roc crossover have revealed a few details on how the car will be equipped in the Indian market. The Volkswagen T-Roc is a five-seat SUV that will sit below the recently launched Tiguan Allspace in the brand's line-up. This will also be a CBU import brought in under the new homologation laws. We expect it to come in a single variant as the Tiguan Allspace, priced around Rs 25 lakh.
As has already been stated by VW, the T-Roc will get the new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine good for 150PS and 250 Nm. Uniquely, this 4-cylinder unit will be available with cylinder deactivation tech, a segment-first feature that should allow for better fuel efficiency. The motor will come paired with a 7-speed DCT. Volkswagen claims a 0 to 100kmph time of 8.4s and a top speed of 205kmph.
Notable features on the India-spec T-Roc will be a panoramic sunroof, 17-inch alloy wheels, LED headlamps, DRLs and tail lamps, leather seats and the digital instrument cluster that debuted on the Tiguan Allspace. Safety features include six airbags, hill start assist, ESP and so on. There will be six colour options available, five dual-tone and one single-tone shade. Dimensionally, the T-Roc is 4,234mm long, 1,992mm wide and 1,573mm tall. The wheelbase is 2,590mm. These numbers put it at par with cars like the Kia Seltos and the upcoming Hyundai Creta, although the T-Roc is positioned as a more premium offering than those SUVs. The Volkswagen T-Roc will be launched in India on March 18, with bookings having opened last month.
Spy image source: Team-BHP
Starts Rs 19.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
- News2020 MG Hector Plus launched in India: Variants and prices explained
- NewsRenault India announces discounts on servicing and accessories
- NewsMG Hector Plus SUV launched in India, prices start from Rs 13.48 lakh
- NewsAll-new Triumph Speed Triple spotted testing, could be powered by a 1,200cc triple
- NewsLive updates: MG Hector India launch, prices, features, variants, specifications and details
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block