2020 Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace launched in India, prices start at Rs 33.12 lakh
Volkswagen India today launched the seven-seater version of the Tiguan SUV, the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace in India. The Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace has been launched at an introductory price of Rs. 33.12 lakh, ex-showroom.
The Allspace's most notable addition is the third row of seats, which means the new SUV is 215mm longer than the standard Tiguan and has a 110mm longer wheelbase. In keeping with the carmaker's decision to move away from diesel cars in India, the Allspace will get a new 2.0-litre BSVI-compliant four-cylinder turbo-petrol motor that makes 190PS and 320 Nm. This will be paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox and come with AWD. Notable features include a new digital instrument cluster, a panoramic sunroof, three-zone AC, Vienna leather upholstery, LED headlamps and seven airbags. An R-Line trim has been introduced too which adds sportier styling cues.
The launch of the Tiguan Allspace also marks the beginning of VW's new product offensive for India. The Allspace will be followed by the smaller T-Roc next week. The Allspace and the T-Roc will come in under the law that allows carmakers to bring in 2,500 CBU units without homologating them in India. These initiatives are part of the Skoda-led India 2.0 campaign, which is meant to increase the VW group market share in India. The highlight of this will be the locally manufactured C-segment SUVs coming in next year. These were previewed as the Skoda Vision IN and Volkswagen A0 concepts at Auto Expo 2020. The Skoda brand will also launch a range of products over the next year including the Kodiaq petrol, the Karoq, and the Superb facelift.
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
- NewsNew-gen Genesis G80 sedan unveiled, to rival BMW 5-Series, Audi A6 and Mercedes-Benz E Class
- NewsBYD unveils its fire and explosion resistant Blade battery
- NewsSpec Comparo: 2020 Hyundai Verna vs Honda City vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Validity of driving license and other documents extended until 30th June
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hero Group to contribute Rs.100 Crore towards Covid-19 relief
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055