2020 Volkswagen Vento BSVI petrol spotted testing
A Volkswagen Vento test mule was spotted on the Mumbai-Pune expressway recently. The 'petrol' inscription over the fuel filler cap makes us think that this is the BSVI iteration of the Vento's petrol motor.
Volkswagen Vento BSVI Petrol OVERDRIVE
The Volkswagen Vento BSVI is expected to continue with its 1.2-litre 4-cylinder turbo-petrol with 105PS and 175Nm. We don't know if Volkswagen will continue to offer the 1.6-litre petrol, available on the lower trim level or choose to continue with a single engine option. The 1.5-litre turbo-diesel is expected to be discontinued, given that the Volkswagen group is moving its focus away from diesel engines in the Indian market. The petrol-only Vento is expected to continue until 2021, when an all-new sedan based on the MQB-A0-IN architecture will make a debut in India as per the Skoda-led 'India 2.0' initiative.
Prices for the Volkswagen Vento currently start at Rs 10.58 lakh (on-road Mumbai) for the 1.6 Trendline and go up to Rs 17.57 lakh (on-road Mumbai) for the diesel Highline AT. It competes with the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Toyota Yaris, and its Skoda twin, the Rapid. We expect Volkswagen India to launch the Vento BSVI in the next couple of months, before the April 2020 deadline.
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.91 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
- NewsDakar 2020: Kamaz driver Andrey Karginov wins title in truck category
- NewsDakar 2020: Sherco TVS Racing's Adrien Metge ends the rally 12th overall
- NewsHyundai Kona Electric makes it to Guinness World Records
- NewsDakar 2020: Honda's Ricky Brabec takes first win ending KTM's Dakar domination
- NewsAuto Expo 2020: Everything that you need to know