2020 Yamaha MT-03 makes a global debut - could be launched in India early next year
The 2020 Yamaha MT-03 has been unveiled and we highly anticipate to see the motorcycle in flesh at 2019 EICMA. The motorcycle could also debut in India early next year - hope to see the Yamaha MT-03 at 2020 Delhi Auto Expo with an expected price tag of Rs 3-3.2 lakh ex-showroom. The motorcycle will rival the KTM 390 Duke, BMW G310R and the Benelli TNT300 in India.
If and when the Yamaha MT-03 comes to India, it will be the third addition to the MT range of motorcycles given the fact Yamaha already sells the MT-09 and the MT-15 in the Indian market.
As the MT-03 is a part of the MT range of motorcycle, the styling is what we're quite familiar with. The headlamp gets a projector unit with LED DRLs flanked on either side. The tank gets sharp moulds and creases to enhance its street naked appearance. For instrumentation, the motorcycle gets an all-digital LCD screen. The handlebar is positioned low, however, offering a relaxed rider's triangle.
Mechanically, the motorcycle is unchanged. The 2020 Yamaha MT-03 still gets a 321cc parallel-twin engine that puts out 42.5PS at 10,750rpm and 29.6Nm of torque at 9,000rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox. Upfront, the motorcycle gets 37mm upside-down forks and for the rear gets a pre-load adjustable mono-shock. The braking hardware remains the same as well, a 298mm disc in the front and a 220mm disc in the rear.
Starts Rs 2,52,928
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block