2021 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT spy shots surfaces
The new 2021 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT has been spotted testing and it looks like the bike gets cosmetic and mechanical updates, most of which have been borrowed from the 2020 Super Duke R. The bike gets revised chassis and a Euro5 friendly engine.
The sleek chassis design of the 2020 Super Duke R replaces the centralized three-pronged structure which was seen on the earlier GTs. The new design houses the engine as a stressed member to increase the torsional stiffness. At the rear is a new subframe with a trellis design which focuses more on pillion comfort and heavy luggage accommodation for distance touring. It also gets the 5-inch TFT dash and mobile connectivity.
The swingarm may also be replaced by the present Super Duke R's swingarm, it is 15 per cent stiffer with a raised pivot of 5mm that provides improved stability under acceleration. The bike rides on Pirelli Angel GT tyres which already has been seen on the second-generation GT.
Inside the frame is the same Euro5 1301cc, two-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that is featured on the 2020 1290 Super Duke R that makes a power of 180PS and a torque of 140Nm.
The engine design of 2021 GT tries to imitate the Super Duke R with the wider split between the LED headlamps for the central airbox intake and the revised exhaust that is similar to the R's. The engine will be tweaked to make it road-biased and focus on long-distance touring. The expected price of the 2021 Super Duke GT is about 17,500 pounds which is about Rs 16.07 lakh.
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Honda Civic Type-R Limited Edition sets Suzuka FWD lap record
- NewsMaserati Ghibli hybrid to be revealed on July 16
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block