2021 Mercedes-Benz E-Class face-lift teased ahead of global debut
Mercedes-Benz has teased the newest iteration of their most popular sedan, the E-Class, ahead of its scheduled reveal at the Geneva Motor Show later this week. With the Geneva Motor Show standing cancelled due to COVID-19 outbreak, Mercedes is expected to go ahead with the reveal online. The new E-Class shows revised styling, a few tweaks inside the cabin and greener engine options along with the current line-up of engines.
The fascia is all new and the 'E' gets a singular integrated headlamp for the first time since the W210. The fascia now seems inspired by the A-Class with the diamond grille and headlamps with a singular LED DRL flanking it. The bumper has become more aggressive as well. Since it is the same body shell, the profile remains the same except for the new set of alloys but the tail has been almost completely redone like the front. It looks sharper and adds sportiness to the limousine-like character of the E-Class.
Inside, the infotainment system upgrade is visible along with the steering wheel. The TFT instrument cluster and the large touchscreen display will continue to dominate the dashboard along with the tweaked interior trims and the customizable upholstery options.
Under the hood, we expect the E-Class to get hybrid and plugin hybrid engine options apart from the current line-up of 2.0-litre petrol and diesel turbocharged powertrains. The 3.0-litre six-cylinder turbo-diesel powering the E350d is also expected to continue.
We can expect the 2021 Mercedes Benz E-Class to come to India before the end of this year after it goes on sale globally by mid-2020.
Starts Rs 57.5 Lakhs
- FeaturesRemembering Martin Holmes
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block