2017 Geneva Motor Show: Infiniti Q50 sports saloon to debut
Infiniti will showcase the new Q50 sports saloon at the Geneva Motor Show that begins next week. The new Q50, Infiniti claims, will feature new technologies to support the driver, aiding safety and driveability. The new Q50 will be the first Infiniti vehicle to feature the company's driver support technologies under 'ProPilot Assist' technology.
ProPilot is what Infiniti's parent company Nissan Motor Company calls the group's line of autonomous driving features. ProPilot Assist made its global debut last year in parent company Nissan's Serena family van and is a part of the road to fully autonomous driving by 2020.
The ProPilot system will bring together the car's existing autonomous functions like active lane keeping, collision prevention, intelligent cruise control, forward emergency braking, and blind spot intervention. Also part of the ProPilot Assist technology is the second generation Direct Adaptive Steering a steer-by-wire system which Infiniti says is a precursor to future autonomous steering systems.
As is the current generation, the new Q50 too will be powered by the same 2,997cc, twin-turbo V6, from the VR series of engines. On a global level, the Infiniti Q50 competes with cars like the BMW 3-series, the Audi A4 and the Mercedes-Benz C-class. The Q50 is also the best-selling car in Infiniti's portfolio worldwide, making it a very important car for Infiniti.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts