2017 Geneva Motor Show: Infiniti Q50 sports saloon to debut
Infiniti will showcase the new Q50 sports saloon at the Geneva Motor Show that begins next week. The new Q50, Infiniti claims, will feature new technologies to support the driver, aiding safety and driveability. The new Q50 will be the first Infiniti vehicle to feature the company's driver support technologies under 'ProPilot Assist' technology.
ProPilot is what Infiniti's parent company Nissan Motor Company calls the group's line of autonomous driving features. ProPilot Assist made its global debut last year in parent company Nissan's Serena family van and is a part of the road to fully autonomous driving by 2020.
The ProPilot system will bring together the car's existing autonomous functions like active lane keeping, collision prevention, intelligent cruise control, forward emergency braking, and blind spot intervention. Also part of the ProPilot Assist technology is the second generation Direct Adaptive Steering a steer-by-wire system which Infiniti says is a precursor to future autonomous steering systems.
As is the current generation, the new Q50 too will be powered by the same 2,997cc, twin-turbo V6, from the VR series of engines. On a global level, the Infiniti Q50 competes with cars like the BMW 3-series, the Audi A4 and the Mercedes-Benz C-class. The Q50 is also the best-selling car in Infiniti's portfolio worldwide, making it a very important car for Infiniti.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh