2017 Geneva Motor Show: Infiniti Q50 sports saloon to debut
Infiniti will showcase the new Q50 sports saloon at the Geneva Motor Show that begins next week. The new Q50, Infiniti claims, will feature new technologies to support the driver, aiding safety and driveability. The new Q50 will be the first Infiniti vehicle to feature the company's driver support technologies under 'ProPilot Assist' technology.
ProPilot is what Infiniti's parent company Nissan Motor Company calls the group's line of autonomous driving features. ProPilot Assist made its global debut last year in parent company Nissan's Serena family van and is a part of the road to fully autonomous driving by 2020.
The ProPilot system will bring together the car's existing autonomous functions like active lane keeping, collision prevention, intelligent cruise control, forward emergency braking, and blind spot intervention. Also part of the ProPilot Assist technology is the second generation Direct Adaptive Steering a steer-by-wire system which Infiniti says is a precursor to future autonomous steering systems.
As is the current generation, the new Q50 too will be powered by the same 2,997cc, twin-turbo V6, from the VR series of engines. On a global level, the Infiniti Q50 competes with cars like the BMW 3-series, the Audi A4 and the Mercedes-Benz C-class. The Q50 is also the best-selling car in Infiniti's portfolio worldwide, making it a very important car for Infiniti.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar