25 kmpl Indigo e-CS launched
After launching the most fuel efficient hatchback, Tata Motors has now introduced the most fuel-efficient sedan. The Tata Indigo e-CS VX, based on the Indigo CS platform, has an ARAI-certified mileage of 25kmpl making it the leader of the pack.
The new variant sports a BS4 compliant 1.4-litre, CR4 common rail diesel engine (CRDE) producing 70PS power at 4000rpm and 140Nm torque at 1800-3000rpm.Apart from the new diesel engine the Indigo e-CS range now gets a new trim with additional features.
The CR4 diesel powered e-CS VX is priced at Rs 5.80 lakh and the petrol variant e-CS GVX at Rs 4.97 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Here is the Press Release
Mumbai, September 5, 2011: Tata Motors today launched the Tata Indigo e-CS VX, the most fuel-efficient sedan in the country, with a mileage of 25 kmpl, certified by the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI). With a host of other exciting features in the car, the Tata Indigo e-CS VX is a new trim in the Tata Indigo e-CS range.
It sports the all new CR4 Common Rail Diesel engine that has a displacement of 1396 cc delivering 70 PS @ 4000 RPM. With a higher torque of 140 NM at a lower 1800-3000 RPM, improvements in gear ratios, clutch-to-start and reduction in the weight of the car by around 10 kg, the Tata Indigo e-CS VX ensures better pickup.
The Tata Indigo e-CS VX is also available with the MPFi petrol engine. Both these engines are compliant with BS4 emission norms.
This mileage of 25 kmpl in the CR4 Common Rail Diesel engine is hinged on five technological advancements.
1. SMART EMS (Engine Management System) CHIP that involves perfectly calibrating engine components every micro second to optimise functionality -- right from valve timing to compression ratios, to pressure volume ratios, to air fuel mixture, flawlessly synchronising every engine function to deliver 25 kmpl mileage.
2. MAXIMUM CHARGE COMBUSTION â" An innovatively designed engine head, block and piston assembly that ensures effective intake and circulation of charge (mixture of air and fuel), thereby minimising pumping friction losses. The result is maximum combustion of charge, increased efficiency and power.
3. DRAG REDUCTION - Redesigned wheel arches and subtle alterations on the exteriors, combined with a lighter shell and engine, have collectively contributed to making the car more aerodynamic, reducing the drag coefficient.
4. TRANSAXLE (Gear Box) - With optimised Gear ratios to give best fuel efficiency and driveability together.
5. TYRES - For drag / rolling losses reduction, optimised tyres were developed which provide low rolling losses coupled with good riding comfort and handling.
Other class defining features in the Tata Indigo e-CX VX are stylish R14 alloy wheels, satin finish front grill, headlamps and ORVM with blinkers. They, coupled with body coloured bumpers and chrome inserts on the rub rails, endow it with head turning looks.
The interiors have been enriched with dual-tone beige seating and dashboard, premium wood-finish centre console, new instrument cluster with chrome rings and rear centre armrest for enhanced comfort. The plushness is enhanced with keyless entry, ABS, Bluetooth connectivity and electrical controls for ORVMs, besides carrying forward the comfortable AC, power steering and power windows.
The car comes with a warranty of 18 months and unlimited kms, for private usage.
The Tata Indigo e-CS VX is priced at Rs. 580,339 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi), for the CR4 diesel engine and the Tata Indigo e-CS GVX is priced at Rs. 497,727 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi), for the MPFi petrol engine.
The Tata Indigo CS has dominated the entry mid-size segment in the country for almost 4 years with its proposition of being the most compact sedan in the market. It has been appreciated for its classy styling as much as the great value proposition that it offers at an unbeatable price to a sedan aspirant.
- NewsCristiano Ronaldo gifts himself a Bugatti Centodieci, the world's most expensive car
- NewsAudi RS Q8 teased ahead of India debut
- NewsGMC drops teaser for Hummer EV with over 1,000PS and removable roof panels
- NewsKia Motors India crosses one lakh sales in 11 months
- NewsBajaj Auto has sold 2.38 lakh units of 2Ws in July 2020, down by 26 per cent