2W Indian National Rally Championship: R Nataraj clinches 2017 title in Puttur
R Nataraj from TVS Racing registered a win at the sixth and final round of the 2-wheeler MRF FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship 2017 on Sunday. The round was held for the first time in Puttur, Dakshina Kannada, where as many as 45 riders from across India participated. Nataraj became overall champion after clinching a win in the Pro Expert A class, with a lead of more than 30 seconds over his team-mate Abdul Wahid. In the Expert Class A, Jeevan from Chikmagalur took the win followed by Asad Khan also fromChikmagalur. Vishwas SD who just returned from Raid De Himalaya ended up in the third place. In the 260 Group B, TVS Racing riders Rajendra RE, Imran and Sachin D took the top three spots.
In the Ladies class, Aishwarya Pissay of TVS Racing was the winner and her team-mate Shreya S finished second. Priyamvada Saradi, a first timer participant finished third. In the Scooter Class, Pinkesh K Thakkar from Aprilia Racing finished on top. The championship winner Syed Asif Ali of TVS Racing settled for second, despite two punctures in different stages. Janardhan Pandian finished third.
In the star of Karnataka category, Deepak Naidu won with a lead of 14 seconds over Dilip Raj from Chikmagalur and Mahantesh Ramappa, who finished second and third, respectively. After his win, Nataraj said, "I am very excited to win the final round, which was my fourth win in the six-round championship. This home state win means a lot to me." Earlier on Saturday, Puttur MLA Shakuntala T Shetty had flagged off the opening day recce and practice rounds.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled