2W Indian National Rally Championship: R Nataraj clinches 2017 title in Puttur
R Nataraj from TVS Racing registered a win at the sixth and final round of the 2-wheeler MRF FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship 2017 on Sunday. The round was held for the first time in Puttur, Dakshina Kannada, where as many as 45 riders from across India participated. Nataraj became overall champion after clinching a win in the Pro Expert A class, with a lead of more than 30 seconds over his team-mate Abdul Wahid. In the Expert Class A, Jeevan from Chikmagalur took the win followed by Asad Khan also fromChikmagalur. Vishwas SD who just returned from Raid De Himalaya ended up in the third place. In the 260 Group B, TVS Racing riders Rajendra RE, Imran and Sachin D took the top three spots.
In the Ladies class, Aishwarya Pissay of TVS Racing was the winner and her team-mate Shreya S finished second. Priyamvada Saradi, a first timer participant finished third. In the Scooter Class, Pinkesh K Thakkar from Aprilia Racing finished on top. The championship winner Syed Asif Ali of TVS Racing settled for second, despite two punctures in different stages. Janardhan Pandian finished third.
In the star of Karnataka category, Deepak Naidu won with a lead of 14 seconds over Dilip Raj from Chikmagalur and Mahantesh Ramappa, who finished second and third, respectively. After his win, Nataraj said, "I am very excited to win the final round, which was my fourth win in the six-round championship. This home state win means a lot to me." Earlier on Saturday, Puttur MLA Shakuntala T Shetty had flagged off the opening day recce and practice rounds.
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts