2W Indian National Rally Championship: R Nataraj clinches 2017 title in Puttur
R Nataraj from TVS Racing registered a win at the sixth and final round of the 2-wheeler MRF FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship 2017 on Sunday. The round was held for the first time in Puttur, Dakshina Kannada, where as many as 45 riders from across India participated. Nataraj became overall champion after clinching a win in the Pro Expert A class, with a lead of more than 30 seconds over his team-mate Abdul Wahid. In the Expert Class A, Jeevan from Chikmagalur took the win followed by Asad Khan also fromChikmagalur. Vishwas SD who just returned from Raid De Himalaya ended up in the third place. In the 260 Group B, TVS Racing riders Rajendra RE, Imran and Sachin D took the top three spots.
In the Ladies class, Aishwarya Pissay of TVS Racing was the winner and her team-mate Shreya S finished second. Priyamvada Saradi, a first timer participant finished third. In the Scooter Class, Pinkesh K Thakkar from Aprilia Racing finished on top. The championship winner Syed Asif Ali of TVS Racing settled for second, despite two punctures in different stages. Janardhan Pandian finished third.
In the star of Karnataka category, Deepak Naidu won with a lead of 14 seconds over Dilip Raj from Chikmagalur and Mahantesh Ramappa, who finished second and third, respectively. After his win, Nataraj said, "I am very excited to win the final round, which was my fourth win in the six-round championship. This home state win means a lot to me." Earlier on Saturday, Puttur MLA Shakuntala T Shetty had flagged off the opening day recce and practice rounds.
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?
- NewsDucati now offering free GoPro action camera on purchase of Multistrada 950 and Scrambler 800
- FeaturesHow the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak claimed the electric car record at Goodwood
- NewsRenault Captur offered with benefits of upto Rs 81,000 in India
- NewsJK NRC 2018: Surya Varathan crowned Novice Cup Champion