3.5 lakh Ford SUVs and pickup trucks recalled in North America
Ford has recalled nearly 3.5 lakh SUVs and pick-up trucks that were sold in the North American region. The recall has been done owing to the automatic transmission gear shift cable locking clip not seated properly in some of the models. The vehicles that have been recalled include the 2018 Ford F-150 pickup trucks and the 2018 Ford Expedition SUVs with 10-speed automatic transmissions. Additionally, the 2018 F-650 and F-750 trucks with 6-speed automatic transmissions are also a part of this recall.
On the affected models where the clip is not seated properly, eventually resulting in a dislodge will not give the right information on the particular gear engaged to the driver. This might result in a scenario where the driver has parked the vehicle and stepped outside. But due to a false engagement, the vehicle might dangerously roll away. Ford has already reported of one incident due to this fault that involves an accident and injury for the same.
Out of the 347,425 vehicles sold in North America, 292,909 were sold in the United States, 51,742 in Canada, and 2,774 in Mexico. The 2018 Ford F-150 vehicles that were manufactured at Dearborn Assembly Plant, January 5, 2017, to February 16, 2018, Kansas City Assembly Plant, January 25, 2017, to February 16, 2018 are a part of this recall. Also, the 2018 Ford Expedition vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant, April 3, 2017, to January 30, 2018 and the 2018 Ford F-650 and F-750 vehicles built at Ohio Assembly Plant, April 25, 2017, to March 9, 2018 are included in the list. The customers of the above mentioned vehicles can reach out to their nearest Ford dealerships and get it checked and fixed without any additional cost.
The other recall by Ford includes 161 units of the Ford F-150, Expeditions, Mustangs, and Lincoln Navigators. The 10R80 10-speed automatic transmission equipped models may be missing a roll pin attached to the park pawl rod guide cup to the transmission case.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India