3.5 lakh Ford SUVs and pickup trucks recalled in North America
Ford has recalled nearly 3.5 lakh SUVs and pick-up trucks that were sold in the North American region. The recall has been done owing to the automatic transmission gear shift cable locking clip not seated properly in some of the models. The vehicles that have been recalled include the 2018 Ford F-150 pickup trucks and the 2018 Ford Expedition SUVs with 10-speed automatic transmissions. Additionally, the 2018 F-650 and F-750 trucks with 6-speed automatic transmissions are also a part of this recall.
On the affected models where the clip is not seated properly, eventually resulting in a dislodge will not give the right information on the particular gear engaged to the driver. This might result in a scenario where the driver has parked the vehicle and stepped outside. But due to a false engagement, the vehicle might dangerously roll away. Ford has already reported of one incident due to this fault that involves an accident and injury for the same.
Out of the 347,425 vehicles sold in North America, 292,909 were sold in the United States, 51,742 in Canada, and 2,774 in Mexico. The 2018 Ford F-150 vehicles that were manufactured at Dearborn Assembly Plant, January 5, 2017, to February 16, 2018, Kansas City Assembly Plant, January 25, 2017, to February 16, 2018 are a part of this recall. Also, the 2018 Ford Expedition vehicles built at Kentucky Truck Plant, April 3, 2017, to January 30, 2018 and the 2018 Ford F-650 and F-750 vehicles built at Ohio Assembly Plant, April 25, 2017, to March 9, 2018 are included in the list. The customers of the above mentioned vehicles can reach out to their nearest Ford dealerships and get it checked and fixed without any additional cost.
The other recall by Ford includes 161 units of the Ford F-150, Expeditions, Mustangs, and Lincoln Navigators. The 10R80 10-speed automatic transmission equipped models may be missing a roll pin attached to the park pawl rod guide cup to the transmission case.
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Sourav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty