33,098 units of the Maruti Alto K10 and Alto 800 recalled in India
Maruti Suzuki has recalled 33,098 vehicles comprising 13,318 units of the Alto K10 and 19,780 units of Alto 800 in India, for inspecting and replacing the right hand door latch assembly. The cars recalled were manufactured between December 8, 2014 and Febrauary 18, 2015.
Dealers will be contacting customers of the affected vehicles and the dealerships will inspect the cars and replace the faulty parts (if necessary) for free. The company says that the issue was detected during internal quality checks.
While there is no problem if the right side door is locked, according to Maruti, but if it isn't shut or locked properly, internal pressure may cause the door to open.
Customers affected by this recall can log on to www.marutisuzuki.com with the vehicle chassis number or can contact an authorised Maruti dealer.
Starts Rs 3.36 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Incident leads to cancellation of Rally of Jodhpur
- FeaturesUnderstanding Maruti Suzuki's HEARTECT platform
- NewsTata Motors announces Ziptron technology for electric vehicles
- NewsINRC 2019: Rally of Jodhpur gets underway on September 21
- NewsDucati Multistrada to get a V4 power source - slated for 2021