33,098 units of the Maruti Alto K10 and Alto 800 recalled in India
Maruti Suzuki has recalled 33,098 vehicles comprising 13,318 units of the Alto K10 and 19,780 units of Alto 800 in India, for inspecting and replacing the right hand door latch assembly. The cars recalled were manufactured between December 8, 2014 and Febrauary 18, 2015.
Dealers will be contacting customers of the affected vehicles and the dealerships will inspect the cars and replace the faulty parts (if necessary) for free. The company says that the issue was detected during internal quality checks.
While there is no problem if the right side door is locked, according to Maruti, but if it isn't shut or locked properly, internal pressure may cause the door to open.
Customers affected by this recall can log on to www.marutisuzuki.com with the vehicle chassis number or can contact an authorised Maruti dealer.
Starts Rs 3.3 Lakhs
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover