33,098 units of the Maruti Alto K10 and Alto 800 recalled in India
Maruti Suzuki has recalled 33,098 vehicles comprising 13,318 units of the Alto K10 and 19,780 units of Alto 800 in India, for inspecting and replacing the right hand door latch assembly. The cars recalled were manufactured between December 8, 2014 and Febrauary 18, 2015.
Dealers will be contacting customers of the affected vehicles and the dealerships will inspect the cars and replace the faulty parts (if necessary) for free. The company says that the issue was detected during internal quality checks.
While there is no problem if the right side door is locked, according to Maruti, but if it isn't shut or locked properly, internal pressure may cause the door to open.
Customers affected by this recall can log on to www.marutisuzuki.com with the vehicle chassis number or can contact an authorised Maruti dealer.
Starts Rs 3.3 Lakhs
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018