400PS 4-wheel drive Volkswagen Golf R400 concept sketches out
Ahead of its Beijing Auto Show 2014 unveil, Volkswagen has released sketches of the Golf R400 four-wheel drive concept. The Golf R400 concept's engine has a rise in power to 400PS from the Golf R hatchback's 300PS. This and a DSG-gearbox, Volkswagen claims enables the R400 0-100kmph a time of 3.9s, a second faster than the Golf R's timing. The Volkswagen Golf R400 concept claims a top speed of 280kmph. Along with extensive engine modifications, the R400 also gets bumper and body modifications, uprated wheels, flared wheelarches and interiors with motorsport shell seats which have integrated head restraints.
The concept suggest Golf R design cues with an horizontal stripe across the grille
The concept suggest Golf R design cues with an horizontal stripe across the grille. The roof is done in gloss black while the door mirror caps are in carbon. Lemon yellow is the predominant colour with even the interior stitching being done in the same.
Volkswagen Golf R400 engine
Before we jump the gun and say Yes! Yes! to this concept, Volkswagen clarifies that there are no production plans. Yet.
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts