42,300 units of Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire recalled in India
Recently, Ford suspended deliveries and test drives of the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire in India. Ford attributed this to a software issue with the ECU's Restraint Control Module (RCM). And now, a week later, Ford has announced an official recall of 42,300 units of the Figo and Figo Aspire. The Restraint Control Module handles the deployment of the vehicle's safety features. This glitch in the software could prevent the airbags from deploying at the time of a crash.
To fix this issue, a software upgrade will be carried out by Ford dealerships, free of cost. Ford India has also stated that all the cars in the dealers' stockyards have been rectified and deliveries of the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire have recommenced.
Things don't seem to be looking too good for the brand as they recently decided to halve the monthly production targets of the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire as a result of poor sales numbers. The Ford Figo is facing tough competition from the Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Hyundai Grand i10, while the Ford Figo Aspire is taking heat from cars like the Hyundai Xcent, the Honda Amaze and the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki launches subscription services
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block