42,300 units of Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire recalled in India
Recently, Ford suspended deliveries and test drives of the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire in India. Ford attributed this to a software issue with the ECU's Restraint Control Module (RCM). And now, a week later, Ford has announced an official recall of 42,300 units of the Figo and Figo Aspire. The Restraint Control Module handles the deployment of the vehicle's safety features. This glitch in the software could prevent the airbags from deploying at the time of a crash.
To fix this issue, a software upgrade will be carried out by Ford dealerships, free of cost. Ford India has also stated that all the cars in the dealers' stockyards have been rectified and deliveries of the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire have recommenced.
Things don't seem to be looking too good for the brand as they recently decided to halve the monthly production targets of the Ford Figo and Ford Figo Aspire as a result of poor sales numbers. The Ford Figo is facing tough competition from the Maruti Suzuki Swift and the Hyundai Grand i10, while the Ford Figo Aspire is taking heat from cars like the Hyundai Xcent, the Honda Amaze and the Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire.
Also from OVERDRIVE:
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.51 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept