44,000 Jaguar Land Rover vehicles recalled over carbon dioxide emissions
British automobile manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover has recently issued a voluntary recall of 44,000 vehicles in UK that were manufactured between 2016 to 2019. These vehicles were equipped with 2l petrol and diesel engines.
This was found at a recent inspection by the regulators at the Vehicle Certification Agency in UK where 10 vehicles were caught emitting more carbon dioxide than the prescribed limits.
The Jaguar Land Rover Model's that are a part of this recall include Land Rover Discovery and Discovery Sport SUVs manufactured between 2016-18, Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Sport, Velar SUVs , Jaguar E-Pace, F-Pace crossovers and F-Type, XE and XF.
The above mentioned vehicles are mostly powered by petrol engines while the rest have diesel powertrains. The company officials maintain that the some of these vehicles will require software update while the rest can be fixed at the dealerships.
Jaguar Land Rover has already been facing the heat with the record quarterly loss in February that resulted in axing of 4,500 jobs.
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh