5,000th Lamborghini Aventador rolls off the production line
The Lamborghini Aventador is undoubtedly a special car considering the fact that it underpins many special cars like the Lamborghini Veneno, Pirelli edition as well as the recently unveiled Centenario. The Sant'Agata Bolognese based car maker recently announced that it has rolled out the 5000th Aventador unit from its production line within 55 months of its launch.
Painted in a gleaming shade of Rosso Bia red, the 5000th Aventador was a LP700-4 model with a 5,000 chassis number and has been sold to a buyer in Italy. The Aventador, launched at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, was built to be a worthy successor of the Lamborghini Murciélago. In contrast, the latter sold only 4,099 models in its nine years tenure.
The Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 comes in two forms roadster and coupe while the LP 750-4 Superveloce is offered in regular and roadster models. The LP 700-4 is powered by a 6.5-litre motor that puts out 700PS/ 690 Nm and is mated to a 7-speed ISR transmission that sends power to all the four wheels via a Haldex 4WD unit. It has a max speed of 350kmph and can do 0-100kmph in 2.9s, claims Lamborghini. The more powerful LP 750-4 puts out 50PS more while the torque figure remains the same. Also, this one does 0-100kmph in 2.8s. It is believed that Lamborghini will give the Aventador a facelift and will also spin out one more special edition model in the near future.
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!